|Location Leicester, England, UK
|International Students 9%
|Famous Courses Art and Design, Pharmacy, Engineering
|International Fees Between 14,750 to 15,250 Pounds
The contemporary, motivating atmosphere that students deserve has been established at De Montfort University, Leicester (DMU) thanks to a £136 million campus redevelopment. It has produced a number of prominent graduates in practically every discipline since its founding in 1870. In 1992, DMU was granted university status and changed its status to public in the UK. There are around 30,000 students enrolled full-time and part-time. The institution features a sizable staff and faculty that work with and support the students. The De Montfort University campus, which provides a variety of amenities for students, is adjacent to Leicester Castle. The motto of the university is Excellentia et stadium, which is Latin for "Excellence and Zeal."
The success of DMU in the UK is measured using a variety of measures. Additionally, De Montfort University UK strives arduously to rank among the top 150 institutions in the UK.
Here are the rankings:
1. According to the QS World University Ranking, the university falls within the range of 801 to 1000 in global rankings.
2. In THE (Times Higher Education) World University Ranking, the university is placed within the range of 601 to 800 among global universities.
3. The Complete University Guide UK Rankings position the university at the 110th spot in the UK.
4. According to The Guardian University UK Rankings, De Montfort University UK holds the 120th position among universities in the United Kingdom.
5. In the US News & World Report - Global Universities ranking, the university is ranked at 1261 globally.
6. De Montfort University in Leicester has been identified as one of the top 150 young universities globally, additionally ranking first for job readiness for graduates and among the top three in educational perfection among UK universities in the Times Higher Education magazine's preliminary study of the quality of teaching.
7. DMU has one of the greatest gains in UCAS acceptances of any UK institution over the past year, placing it among the Top 10 most popular universities in the UK for both domestic and EU students.
8. The university was ranked in the top 3% of all institutions globally and in the top 1.5% among international universities for widespread impact in the Times Higher Education World Institution Rankings 2016–17.
9. According to the 2016 Good Growth for Cities Index, De Montfort UK is among the top UK cities for both living and working, beating both Cardiff and London.
1. Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering scored 32 in the ranking.
2. Accounting and Finance achieved a high score of 79 in the assessment.
3. Business and management studies secured an impressive ranking of 107.
4. Architecture obtained a score of 39 in the evaluation.
5. Mechanical Engineering was rated at 65 in the rankings.
6. Electrical and Electronics Engineering received a score of 63 in the assessment.
7. Computer Science performed exceptionally well with a score of 91.
8. Psychology earned a top ranking of 99 in the evaluation.
9. Art & Design scored 57 in the rankings.
10. Media & Communication achieved a respectable ranking with a score of 77.
11. Sociology received a high rating of 98 in the assessment.
12. Law obtained a score of 69 in the rankings.
One of the best public institutions in Leicester, England, is De Montfort University. It is ranked 801–850 in the QS World University Rankings 2024.
Compared to other institutions outside of London, the De Montfort University fee structure is fairly reasonable. Consequently, it makes their living expenditures manageable. The university's price range for all programs is between 12,200 and 19,000 pounds. In the UK, bachelors typically pay between 14,750 and 15,250 pounds in tuition. However, a Master's degree in the UK typically costs between 12,200 and 19,000 pounds.
The De Montfort University in Leicester UK Courses are approved by several prestigious institutes. The university offers graduate and undergraduate students more than 300 disciplines. DMU is committed to giving its students a high-quality education. It received a gold grade as a result from the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). Nearly all programs at DMU have rankings that are significantly higher than those at other UK institutions. B.Sc. and Masters programs are for 3 years and 2 years in required discipline.
Offered Courses -
BSc (Hons) in Psychology, BSc (Hons) in Product Design, BA (Hons) in Photography, BSc (Hons) in Music Technology, and BSc (Hons) in Music Production
Risk Management MSc, Product Design MSc, Project Management MA
Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Performance Practices
There are various exceptions to the entrance requirements for studies at De Montfort UK. The prerequisites for certain courses are greater than those described here.
Academics - Students interested in computing and IT programs at the undergraduate level should have achieved a grade point average of 60% in math in their 12th grade year. Applicants may also be those who graduated with a bachelor's degree and a 50% GPA. In the interim, the only appropriate universities where they have studied are Loyola College, Pune University, Calcutta University, and Delhi University.
MOI* - Students who received 65% or higher in their class 12 English class will be exempt from taking the IELTS. It is not open to students who hail from Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, or Punjab. Students may also participate in the DMU's English proficiency testing, which is identical to the IELTS. Students should be aware that 80% of the University's programs require an IELTS score.
De Montfort UK wants to offer university-sponsored housing to all incoming domestic and foreign students who ask for it. There are about 3,000 university-sourced en-suite rooms or shared apartments available in 10 contemporary halls of residence, all of which are on or nearby the city campus by foot.
The greatest option for students in Leicester is university housing because it is the simplest to set up and practically all students are guaranteed a place. The community you'll be a part of, the convenience and security of finding housing on campus, and the abundance of possibilities to meet new people and make friends all contribute to having the best experience. If you intend to attend the orientation or pre-sessional, so when you arrive, your accommodations will be ready.
At De Montfort University, a committed international student support team offers help to students from outside the EU and other countries. Throughout your time at DMU, the team can provide you with specialized advice and direction, in addition to a wealth of general information about residing in and attending school in Leicester. When you initially arrive at the institution, they will plan a Welcome Week and assist you in meeting students from other nations.
A variety of support services are available to you as a student at De Montfort UK over the course of your studies to ensure that your transition to life at De Montfort goes well. A variety of academic support services are available to you once you have started your studies to aid in your adjustment to learning and studying.
The expense of living is astounding for the students who are residing in Leicester City. Students are able to effortlessly manage their living expenditures due to the increasing availability of jobs. Additionally, there is a strong demand for Indian students in the Leicester job market. Therefore, Indian students have a huge edge because of this.
DE Montfort University in UK
Students must constantly search for the university's intakes. Admissions assist students in submitting their applications to universities on time. There are two intakes at De Montfort University: spring intake and autumn intake. They both begin in January and September, known as September Intake UK, and January Intake UK. Students have to adhere to the application deadline in order to not lose out on the chance to apply. The institution receives a lot of applications, and the admissions deadline is approaching.